Excel College Manchester is accredited by the British Council under the Accreditation UK scheme to offer English Courses in the UK at the highest standards. The British Council makes sure we provide high-quality English courses, care for our students and meet criteria such as:
- Qualified teachers
- Teaching meets the BC standards
- Accommodation regularly inspected and of a high standard
- The College is a safe place and has good facilities for teaching, learning and relaxation.
- Management, teaching, resources and student services meet the BC standards.
Excel College Manchester is a member of English UK, which is the national association of accredited English language schools. English UK helps students to find good English courses and provides information about study options and life in the UK.
We have courses in the morning (from 9.15 to 12.30) and afternoon (13.30 to 16.45). You can say which you prefer and we will do our best to follow your preferences. However, please be aware that certain classes are available at specific times of the day only. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org making a booking.
The more weeks you study, the cheaper the price per week becomes. Returning students can start where they left off. For example, if you studied 12 weeks last year, you will start your next course at the week 13 price.
All of our agents go through an application procedure where we check their knowledge of the college and its procedures, the services they offer students and request references from other colleges or employers. If you ever want to check with us whether they are a genuine agent, please email email@example.com.
If you do not need a visa to study in the UK (e.g. you are an EU/EEA national) and you wish to pay for your course in instalments, please contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a visa to study in the UK, we need the fees paid in full before we can issue a course confirmation.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept payment by cheque.
No. We do not give course refunds unless your visa is refused. If you want to change your course, for example if you have a job and can no longer study full time, in many cases we can just extend your course so that you study fewer hours per week but for a longer period of time.
Our website lists our most popular courses. If you are interested in other types of course, then please send an email to email@example.com. If enough students enquire about a new course, we may start running it.
You can start any day Monday to Friday. Before you can begin a class we need to give you a free placement test which takes about 1 hour. So depending on when you want to study, you may be able to start the same day.
- Take special care of your passport, travel document and tickets. We advise to take a photocopy of all the pages of your passport and keep it separately from other documents.
- Make sure you have your acceptance letter. Keep the address and phone number of the college saved on your phone.
- Make sure you have your accommodation booking confirmation and check the way from the airport. You can do it by visiting Transport for Greater Manchester or use UK Journey Planner
- Have your embassy number saved on your phone
- Bring enough cash (coins and notes) to cover your accommodation and personal expenses for at least first 2 weeks
- Label your luggage
- Buy insurance for your needs. You can check different options and get general advice with Association of British Insurers ABI.
Manchester is a student-friendly city. It has been voted as one of the friendliest cities in the world. There are many places to eat and drink that offer discounts for students. Manchester is a diverse and multicultural place which is home to several thousand international students each year. When you arrive in a new country it is important to know how to stay safe. When you are choosing a place to live, you can check a crime map before making the decision. You can find statistics for each area on Greater Manchester Police website. You can also find out more information on how to keep yourself safe here and if you ever need to contact police you can call 101 in non-emergency situation or 999 for emergencies.
Visa Student Questions
There are two types of study visa, Short-term Study Visa for 6 months or for 11 months.
Short-term Study Visa
This is best for:
- Students who have never studied English before
- Students who want to do a short course (up to 11 months) in English
For more information on the various UK visas, please check the Home Office website.
That’s not a problem at all, we have classes from Elementary to Advanced level so we will definitely have a course to suit you. The best visa for you is probably the Short-Term Study Visa. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information.
We will always give you advice on what you need to apply for your visa. The main reasons visas are rejected are:
- Not having enough money in their bank account.
- No social or economic ties to their country
- Incorrect documents
There are a number of restrictions, but the main ones for Excel College students are:
- You cannot work in the UK (regardless of the type of visa you apply for).
- You must keep Excel College informed of changes to your contact details.
- If your course is cancelled for any reason or you fail to turn up to class, we reserve the right to cancel your course and, where necessary, inform the Home Office. Please see our policies page for full details.
It is a healthcare surcharge that you need to pay if you are a non-EEA national to get access to the National Health Service (NHS).
If you intend to apply for a Short-Term Study Visa for a period of study up to 6 months you will not have to pay this surcharge.
To become an agent for Excel College, please download, fill out and return the Agent Application Form. If you have any questions before applying, please contact our sales & marketing manager Danny Layzell on email@example.com.
No. We must sign an agreement with you before the student applies to the college in order to pay commission.
We pay commission within 14 days of receiving your invoice.
We endeavour to reply to all emails within 48 hours. Where this is not possible, due to annual leave or bank holidays for example, we will always inform you.