Become a homestay host in Manchester and welcome international students from around the world. Excel College is always looking for enthusiastic and welcoming homestay hosts. Our students are from all over the world and all of them are over 16 years old. We operate continuous enrolment so students can start a course with us at any time. Some come to study for a couple of weeks, others for a year or more. Our hosts live all around Manchester. Some have children, some live alone, some are young professionals and others are retired couples. All of our hosts speak English as their main language, enjoy meeting people from different cultures and welcome students into their homes as an additional, albeit temporary, member of the family.
Excel College & Our Students
Excel College is a friendly language school in the heart of Manchester, less than five minutes’ walk from Oxford Road train station and about ten minutes from Piccadilly Gardens. Our students are from all over the world and come to Manchester to study English for a wide variety of reasons. We operate continuous enrolment, which means that students can start a course with us at any time. Students come to study for just a couple of weeks, others for almost a year. All students who have requested homestay accommodation are studying a full-time course.
- Bookings that match your preferences (age, gender, length of stay ect…)
- Dealing directly with an Excel College representative, no external parties.
- Prompt, weekly, tax-free payment by bank transfer.
- A 24-hour contact number available throughout the hosting period.
- Students that will have access to a full activity programme, seven days a week.
- Above all, a fantastic, cultural experience and an opportunity to make life-long friends
We ask you to provide
- A nutritious and well-balanced breakfast and evening meal
- A private bedroom with a single/double bed, hanging and drawer space for clothes
- Adequate lighting and heating
- A desk and chair for private study
- Daily access to bath or shower facilities
- Access to Wi-Fi and clothes washing facilities
If you are interested in becoming a homestay host or if would like any further information, please feel free to contact us by phone: 0161 236 551 or email: email@example.com
You can download our
After completing the application form, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Photos of the home including the student’s room, the living room, kitchen, bathrooms and any other amenities.
- A copy/photo of your gas safety certificate. Please state if your home does not use gas or if you are in the process of having a gas safety inspection.
We aim to contact all applicants within 7 working days of receiving the application form. If your application has been successful, we will arrange an inspection of your home.