Excel College is always looking for enthusiastic and welcoming homestay hosts. Our students are from all over the world and all of them are over 16 years old. We operate continuous enrolment so students can start a course with us at any time. Some come to study for a couple of weeks, others for a year or more. Our hosts live all around Manchester. Some have children, some live alone, some are young professionals and others are retired couples. All of our hosts speak English as their main language, enjoy meeting people from different cultures and welcome students into their homes as an additional, albeit temporary, member of the family.
All hosts need to provide:
- Nutritious and well-balanced breakfast and evening meal
- A bedroom big enough to fit a bed, with hanging and drawer space for clothes.
- Adequate lighting and heating
- Desk and chair for private study
- Daily access to a bath or shower
- Reliable internet access, preferably Wi-Fi
- A home within 50 minutes’ direct, public transport travel of the College.
To apply to be a homestay host, please complete the Homestay Host Application Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
**We especially need hosts who are happy to provide halal food for students!**
Excel College is committed to the safeguarding of under 18s. All adults associated with the college are expected to share the college ethos and actively engage in looking after under 18s safely.
Recruitment of hosts for students under 18 years old is subject to an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.